Grease for wing install

Al Downs

Many of the lubes and greases at times are European numbers or products. I use INOX food grade spray lube. (It doesn't have any hard solvents or distillates like many silicone sprays or lubes have). I use this for all the rod ends and other small assemblies. It helps keep corrosion away and of course makes them smooth on their operation until the next inspection.

As for a grease I usually use a synthetic high pressure grease like Mobile One. It works well pretty much for everything.

Never use these on the fuel or oil system. They aren't compatible. If you need to lube an "O" ring or other part around fuel or oil use white grease. It is compatible with oil and fuel and won't gum anything up. White grease is a Rotax school recommendation.

What were you going to put grease on? The two little wing alignment pins and or the main spare pins? You only need a very thin coat for each. It just stops any corrosion issues and make insertion and removal a tad easier.

Better go to the auto store. The synthetic grease seems do do better in high humidity and water intrusion areas and it doesn't start to dry out and stays put under the stress and heat. decades ago we didn't have many choices now days some of the synthetic oils, lubes and greases are superior. I guess it just depends on the application and how far you want to take it to be better.

Archived