Took my dad flying tonight!

GravityKnight

Almost feel bad starting a new thread, but had to share....

Just got my license. Took my dad up as my first passenger. He is a pilot, but hasn't flown in 15 years.. still an asset if something went wrong.

It's because of him that I always wanted to learn to fly. He had a 150 with a 172 motor swap, and now has a quicksilver gt500 that's been sitting for a long time. The last time I few with him, I was pretty young (around 14-15). This time around, I was running the show... Just funny how things work.. it was a really great experience for both of us.

We flew out to an area here that is beautiful. During training I did a little sight seeing, but not much... now I can do that and I don't feel I'm not doing what I should be if that makes sense. We got to see some beautiful countryside, it was very smooth tonight as well which was the icing on the cake.

-Todd

You are blessed. My dad seemed to always know someone who had a small plane. My first ride (that I remember) was in the second grade. I think if life would have gone differently for him he would have gotten a license (his first ride was in a Jenny). My dad passed away a number of years ago. I think of him often when I fly or work on my plane - when he was younger he would have loved to be a part of it.

My Dad also took rides with friends, got my brother and I rides in a cub and never had a chance to get his PPL. Since I took my first lesson when I was almost 70 yrs old he was gone. My first passenger was my wife (she enjoyed it) and a guy we met on the ramp told her not to worry, beginners are the most cautious, and therefore the most safe. Took each of my three kids up. My son would need that dart gun for a second ride -- where can I get one at a reasonable price ??.

Archived