Flat tires

Roger Lee

Hi All,

Some people have had a few flats. Before you go through all the trouble of yanking the tire off i have found several that only have a loose valve stem. Give this a tightening before anything else and check the pressure. It may save you a lot of work.

Hi All,

Some people have had a few flats. Before you go through all the trouble of yanking the tire off i have found several that only have a loose valve stem. Give this a tightening before anything else and check the pressure. It may save you a lot of work.

Roger,

A loose stem or loose stem core? For x-country spare wheel parts what do you recommend? Puncture Sealant, or low probability of a slow manageable leak? How about just a spare tube and a small bike pump and small jack...not sure how small of a jack. I do have a 13mm bolt to screw into the back of the axle to provide a lifting surface for some kind of device...but jacks are heavy and bulky..Can one push up on the wings and raise a wheel to put a block underneath?

R6

Hi Doug,

Not a whole lot to do for the cross country. You could carry an extra tube, but then you will need tools too. Puncture sealant will be good to get you home, but it will make the tire so unbalanced that it will shake the whole plane on lift off. Then you will have to toss the tube as soon as possible.

[

quote name=Ranger6' date='18 June 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1276904346' post='44]

Roger,

A loose stem or loose stem core? For x-country spare wheel parts what do you recommend? Puncture Sealant, or low probability of a slow manageable leak? How about just a spare tube and a small bike pump and small jack...not sure how small of a jack. I do have a 13mm bolt to screw into the back of the axle to provide a lifting surface for some kind of device...but jacks are heavy and bulky..Can one push up on the wings and raise a wheel to put a block underneath?

R6

Archived