constant speed prop adjust

samifer

In my 2010 ctls im finding that i can over run my prop (prob not the right term). What is happening is the "max pitch" light comes on and i either have to turn up the RPM or throtle back.

I see that there is some room for adjustment on the limit swiches on the prop actuator.

Can I just move the limit switch and let the prop pitch more? Is it that simple?

Hi Samifer,

The prop pitch settings can be adjusted. If you haven't done it before get with someone for the first time. Even though you may have a CT others in Canada have in flight adjustable props on their Rotax. I would get one to help me do that adjustment. It is fairly simple, but get some help.

There are only a couple of true constant speed units that I know of up here, the rest I believe are hydraulic in-flight adjustable.

What is the trigger RPM for your "over run" or max pitch warning? What flight conditions (airspeed, climb/descent) give you the warning? Probably the best email you could send would be to I-ZZY.

mike

max pitch light comes on when i am crusing at anything more than say 95 kn and any less than 5400 rpm

I attatched a pic of the servo that controles the pitch Its hard to see but you can just make out the limit switch

The only problem that this causes is that i cant cruze at high throtle setting and say 5200 ... maybe all cts are like this??

post-982-0-86282400-1381494548_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived