Rotax Releases New Radiator

Jim Meade

It increases cooling capacity by a few degrees and nearly fits in the same space (few millimeters difference). If rotax discontinues production of the old radiators, then new CT models will start showing them.

FD follows all rotax parts and recommendations for the 912 series engines, so this radiator could be installed immediately.

It's not really necessary.

Andy,

You are correct that most problems in the temperature realm are related to oil. Next time you go up could you record and then post your oil temp, oil pressure and cht temps?

I am trying to see if a correlation exists between oil pressure and oil temp for those that have issues.

Thanks

Kodiak Research in the Bahamas. They are in Nassau and Freeport. The office is in Nassau and shipping and storage come out of Freeport. There are 22 master distributors for the world. Rotech is in Canada and Kodiak does all the Americas. They have them in the mid-east, France and other regions around the world. Rotax in Austria will only talk to these people and no one else. These master distributors deal and handle all engines and issues. When these people need to go for a class like on the IS engine they go back to the factory and usually multiple times. When I went for the IS class I went to Nassau. I go back in May for a week long class. I'm looking forward to this one. It will be special.

Archived