Ed Dejong's passing

Roger Lee

av-88.jpg?_r=0

Ed Dejong passed away today from a bout with cancer in Tucson, AZ. He was 78 years old and flew CTSW N99ED.

He has attended the Page, AZ Fly-In a few times and he will be missed by many as he was everyone's friend.

I am proud to have known him and to truly call him my friend.

Time waits for no man so make sure you tell your friends you're there for them. Shake their hand or give them a hug, but whatever you do don't wait.

See you on the other side Ed.

Ed's CTSW was the first I flew back in 2006. He was everyone's friend at the field and he always flew with us to breakfast every week. We always sat at least every other day at a certain table at Todd's Restaurant at Ryan Airfield. I put up a small memorial at his favorite table which was left reserved for 3 days. he had been at the Page, AZ Fly-In a few times.

We had is memorial this morning. A sad day for sure.

post-3-0-05051200-1385588001_thumb.jpg

I might add that another CTFlier died very recently... Dr. Martin (Marty) Block. Marty didn't post here on the Forum, but lurked a bit. He was a workaholic and traveled a lot. That didn't leave much time, but in what little time he had, he loved to "get away from it all" in his CT. After owning several aircraft, he loved his CT the best. After learning of his brain tumor prognosis, he had only one regret... that he hadn't worked so much, which would have left him more time for his family and flying.

'Tailwinds Marty.

Archived