new rotax radiator

207WF

Rotax just announced a new coolant radiator for the 912 (pn 997083). It says the difference would be a few degrees (coolant temp) cooler. Those of us with the high oil temp problem have good coolant temps, but high oil temps. Is there any reason to think that getting one of these might help with our oil temps? WF

... Is there any reason to think that getting one of these might help with our oil temps? WF

I sure don't think so. The higher capacity oil cooler that I intend to use is for ~300hp engine where the current one is for 100-150hp. The BTU / hour is doubled as well.

I'm busy insulating a big hangar that used to house 2 DC9s back in the 60s, looks like it is going to take me 6 weeks and that has me moving slowly on the cooler but I'm going to do it.

post-6-0-42190300-1385923611_thumb.jpg

I sure don't think so. The higher capacity oil cooler that I intend to use is for ~300hp engine where the current one is for 100-150hp. The BTU / hour is doubled as well.

I'm busy insulating a big hangar that used to house 2 DC9s back in the 60s, looks like it is going to take me 6 weeks and that has me moving slowly on the cooler but I'm going to do it.

post-6-0-42190300-1385923611_thumb.jpg

Put your CT in the middle and take all the other planes out, and take a picture. Little things like this are funny, and I do that with 6FD a lot.

Archived