New CT / Matco world record today

Roger Lee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Roger, Happy to be one half of your record setting Matco upgrade day! I no longer lose sleep at night worrying about Italian brake failures, tire slippage, uneven tire wear... I check pressure remotely and I fly! Next up for me is the 696 upgrade... Adam.

• 2 months later...

Hi Darren,

The complete system with wheels, bearings, disc, caliper is approximately 5.5 - 6 lbs per side. I would have to call Matco to get an exact number. There is such a number because FD wanted to get to a certain weight for the people that needed to be at the 450 kg weight limit. They are slightly heavier than the thin cheap Italian brakes, but that's part of the idea is to have better more solid brakes, better bearings and wheels. The master cylinder is equal with the original.

Hi John,

I just meant weight wise. The weight difference is so small it would be measured in grams or maybe an ounce. Performance wise the Marc master cylinder puts out the equivalent of 60K psi and the brake pads fade when they get hot, where as the Matco puts out 118K psi, more volume and the brake pads don't fade under the heat..

Archived