More government waste

Al Downs

This was on our local news last night, With things like this it is no wonder general aviation is having problems.

http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/news/you-ask-we-investigate/small-airports-big-upgrades-244707131.html

This is what is called an anecdote. I would like to see real hard work done , in investigative journalism, to see if this anecdote is,indeed, common at a national level. Otherwiswe,although not worthless, this story is of little value.

Cheers.

This is what is called an anecdote. I would like to see real hard work done , in investigative journalism, to see if this anecdote is,indeed, common at a national level. Otherwiswe,although not worthless, this story is of little value.

Cheers.

This story nips at the edges of truth and contains just enough reality to make it sound like a problem out of control.

One of the problems with accepting government money is that you lose a lot of control at the local level. And, local politicians and government officials will often sell their souls to get that money. Once you accept that grant money for your airport your ability to control your own destiny goes down the tubes for 20 years. That clock resets with each new grant.

Overall, it's a good program. Unfortunately, many of those Fed agencies have a "one size fits all" and "my way or the highway" mentality. The money, like freedom, is not free.

Archived