Matco Master Cylinder New in box

Flying Bozo

For Sale new Matco Master Cylinder.I bought it to put on my CT to make the brakes better and when I took the panel cover off to install it I saw that someone had already installed a Matco Master Cylinder.

I paid $124.19 for it plus shipping. I will sell it for $100 including shipping (US Shipping) or BO.

Thanks

Larry Minch

408-821-6902

• 4 months later...

Thanks, Roger, but I am not sure about what I have. I believe it is a CT2k but it seems it has some differences from what I see in the manuals, including the brake system.

The calipers and pads are mounted around the wheels axe and are about the size of the brake disks (they cover the full circle, not only one sector).

The master cylinders are mounted vertically and connected to the brakes levers by cables, so I do not see a brake control rod tube. My aircraft (model 2002) has serial number FD1302 and was mounted in Brazil by a company (Flyer) which does not represent Flight Design anymore.

Thanks, Roger, but I am not sure about what I have. I believe it is a CT2k but it seems it has some differences from what I see in the manuals, including the brake system.

The calipers and pads are mounted around the wheels axe and are about the size of the brake disks (they cover the full circle, not only one sector).

The master cylinders are mounted vertically and connected to the brakes levers by cables, so I do not see a brake control rod tube. My aircraft (model 2002) has serial number FD1302 and was mounted in Brazil by a company (Flyer) which does not represent Flight Design anymore.

There are also possible alterations to consider too. The aircraft logs, if kept up, might shed some light on this.

Yes, I have independent brakes for each wheel and agree that it is likely to be retrofit able, but I am not sure if it is worth doing it. I will live with that for the moment.

I am happy with my plane but there are few things I would like to improve, including the brake system and the flaps control (mine is the only CT-family I have seen without electrical flaps), but things are more complicated living in Brazil. Heavy import taxes, long delivery times and scarce availability of parts in the country makes every modification much more challenging.

Thanks for keeping this blog, I learn a lot from the contributions of everyone and the wise advices from Roger.

Whoa, those brakes. Those things must be expensive! I've never seen that type of hydraulic disc braking system outside of airliner's multiple-stacked brakes.

Are the liners at least riveted on? I can't even imagine how much the pads would cost to replace if it's all one piece.

The pads are one piece and the liners are not riveted on. They could be expensive if I could find a part number and look for new ones but what I'll do is to have the liners replaced (glued) over the metal base of the old ones (work done by specialized brake maintenance shops). I could ask them to make it riveted but I prefer the glue to avoid the rivets touching the disks when the liners are close to end of life.

Archived