Unknown Flaps Item

gisurvey

Hello,

In my CTLS it is a piece in surplus... :)

There is a metal/aluminium ring on the flaps shaft/rod, moving freely on it [see attached images]. The first time I've thought that is a stopper or something like this, but is not the case...

Does anybody know what is it or from where is mislaided!?

Thanks,

Alec

post-34-060997900 1284927300_thumb.jpg

post-34-084879100 1284927311_thumb.jpg

Hi Alec,

I looked in the parts catalog and you are right that part does not show up. I just sent these pictures to FD USA so lets see what they have to say. I'll keep you informed. Right now until you find out what it real is and since the plane has been this way for a while i would leave it alone.

Ok Here is the answer from FD.

You're going to love this.

The long description is this: The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. ... The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible trem'e pipe to the differential girdlespring on the 'up' end of the grammeters.

Okay now that you have a full understanding here is the Reader's Digest short answer.

The short description is that it should be a stop to prevent the flap actuator from internally bottoming out. It seems to be on all the actuators.

long: =)) my english is not so good, but I understand that I must pull the red T-handle between the seats to see if the flaps are properly working, isn't it? :P

short: ok, is a stopper. but is a strange one :)

thanks again Roger, your info and advices are invaluable for me and for most of us I think.

alec

Archived