Dynon Fuel Flow

ozairangel

David, my friend's 2008 CTLS showed same problem. The mechanic removed the wiriing from the flow sensor and checked the grounds on all related components. Didn't find anything suspicious but after he hooked things back up, his fuel flow now displays normally. May have been a loose ground or one of the clip on wire connectors not making a good connection? FYI.

Hi David,

I'm with Dick. Check the three wires that come off the Floscan fuel sensor first. My bet is since it is fluctuating that is where you will find your problem. I would start with the white ground wire first. Grounds in our planes seem to be the culprit most of the time so I always start there first. Are any of the other gauges having any problems or fluctuations? This would tell you to tighten all the main grounds which I would do anyway. There are 5 main points of contact for the grounds and they are out by the battery on the firewall. There is one that goes through the fire wall up high and in behind the panel. Even if these feel tight by hand they are not tight until you put a wrench on them. To check these types of things you can make a jumper wire and go from a known good ground behind the panel and then clip it on or jump all the way down with that wire as close to the sensor as possible. That will isolate and make the best ground and that will allow you to assess the ground wire.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived