Flight Pro - ceases to exist?

Ed Cesnalis

The disruption appears to be coming from a dispute between an investor and the company.

Ted Wright, a self-described "serial investor and aviation enthusiast," filed a lawsuit against the principals at Avilution LLC (FlightPro) in December after he claims they failed to live up to their end of the bargain as the official launch of FlightPro neared last spring. In the lawsuit 29-year-old Wright claims he invested money in the company after being told it already had more than 1,200 paying subscribers, a claim he says turned out to be false.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Aviator,

The past few months have been difficult and confusing for FlightPro users. We appreciate your continued support and want you to know our team is working very hard to regain your trust. Thanks to recent legal decisions, FlightPro is, once again, owned and controlled completely by Avilution, the company that created the app. We have solved many of the customer service issues that occurred when the app was not in our control, and we are making regular, routine updates and improvements. We are dedicated to providing the best, most up-to-date, pilot-focused aviation app available for Android devices. 

I upgraded my iFly 720 to the new 740 just in time for a trip to New York and back 2 weeks ago. The 740 has a brighter screen, faster processor and battery backup. And I love the new version 9 software which I also have on an android tablet. Not only is the tablet a good backup, but it keeps my passenger entertained... and trained to help out with navigation in a pinch. And of course, with the portability and cellular connection of the tablet I can do flight planning in the evenings and get weather updates almost anytime, even in flight.

Mike Koerner

Archived