I am grounded and need carb floats

Al Downs

From what I gathered  in talking to Leading Edge was that they were only getting about 30-50 sets a month. They are filing backorders on a first come basis. They have some customers who have ordered 20 sets for inventory, leaving people with aircraft AOG out of luck.

I have multiple sets of floats in stock that I can sell but you'll need to pay list price + shipping (100.47 per pair + shipping). They are affected by the float replacement bulletin and it will include paperwork proving that so you can get them replaced.

Check some BMW dealers. I assume they are currently the same part.

In any case, many "airhead" owners did the conversion to dual floats, so there may be sources in that community.

Plus Roger is right - BING shows them here:

http://www.bingcarburetor.com/bmw/bmwcvkits.html

That's not actually Bing, that's a distributor. This is actually bing: http://www.bingpower.de/

They may be constraints against them selling to US customers.

Then again, they would probably sell them to you...if you get the drift.

Not at all,Eddie.  everybody can sell to anybody  and/or their dealer can [ I would ]  

Hi Jacques,

Unless something has changed,

If you call them I would bet they do have constraints. I have talked to them before about this. They aren't supposed to be in competition with the US distributors. They can sell certified engine parts to the US.

seems like only a few posts up solved this persons problem am i wrong?

I have multiple sets of floats in stock that I can sell but you'll need to pay list price + shipping (100.47 per pair + shipping). They are affected by the float replacement bulletin and it will include paperwork proving that so you can get them replaced.

seems like only a few posts up solved this persons problem am i wrong?

But for how long? The sets he has for sale are just like the ones I installed in the customers airplane last year that failed. As it is now the airplane is sitting in my shop and the customer is at home. Install a bad set and he could be stranded some where on the road with an engine that is not safe to fly home and no parts to fix it.

Al,

I have a brand new set that I received in Jan. Didn't ave time to install them before leaving for Arizona so I made a test tank and put them to make sure they were not sinkers. By the time I came home in April the new type came out so I installed they new type. These are not the new type but if they will do you any good you can have them, just send me your mailing address.

al meyer

Archived