Diamond D 40

ralarcon

Know somebody that wants to sell a Diamond D 40 with 80 hrs. Wants to get back into a CTLSi. Said to me, he flies mostly alone and that the DA 40's capabilities are to exaggerated for his needs.  He is a private pilot, and says that the DA 40 flies exactly like the CTLS.

Cheers

May have interest. Assume he wants to swap for a CTLSi? Where located?

He is located in Miami FLA., Its a DA 40 XLS, he was planning on buying a brand new CTLSi, but I'll ask him if he would consider taking a used CTLSi.

Cheers

I own a DA40 XLS and a 2006 CTSW and I can tell you they are not even close in how they handle.  The CTSW is a sports car and the DA40 a bus (in relative terms).  I would say the CT roll rate is 4 times faster than the DA40.  The CT is much more fun to fly and can be a handful to land in gusty conditions but I think my 90 year old mother could land the DA40 it is so stable.  They are both great airplanes but have completely different missions in my view.  The CT is for Saturday morning rips and the DA40 is an A to B aircraft when you need to bring along a few things like golf clubs.

I own a DA40 XLS and a 2006 CTSW and I can tell you they are not even close in how they handle.  The CTSW is a sports car and the DA40 a bus (in relative terms).  I would say the CT roll rate is 4 times faster than the DA40.  The CT is much more fun to fly and can be a handful to land in gusty conditions but I think my 90 year old mother could land the DA40 it is so stable.  They are both great airplanes but have completely different missions in my view.  The CT is for Saturday morning rips and the DA40 is an A to B aircraft when you need to bring along a few things like golf clubs.

I'm only repeating what he told me , I have never flown the his Diamond, and yes it is a completely different mission as compared to the CTLS, which is what I fly.

Cheers

The 'used' CTLSi has 200 hours but a fresh 912iS Sports Upgrade.  Fresh complete rewiring to correct factory wiring quality issues.  Has always been hangared.  Has never burned leaded gas.  Has twin 10 inch Dynon Skyviews, Garmin 796, Garmin ADS-B, Garmin Autopilot, XM and tundra tires. Comes with a 55 gallon fuel trailer with electric gas pump, 12 foot hose and fuel nozzle.  Has zero damage history and has never been flown outside of California and Nevada.  And has a factory extended one year full warranty on top of the remaining warranty.

Any deal would take into account blue book values and the delta in hours of course...

He has not answered me directly yet , but I'm getting the feeling he wants a new CTLSi, that is with 0 hrs. He does have an opportunity to buy one in the near future.

Cheers

He has not answered me directly yet , but I'm getting the feeling he wants a new CTLSi, that is with 0 hrs. He does have an opportunity to buy one in the near future.

Cheers

He can buy a new one and wait a year or more to get it...or did you say he has found one ready to go now?...Why mention his current plane?  FD does not take trade-ins.  :o

My DA40 is a 2012 with 150 hours on it. If he meant a DA20 I got my private flying one of those and they are much more similar to a CT. Very similar speeds for approach, flaps etc. cruise about the same speed as well. The DA40 cruises at 150 knots.

He can buy a new one and wait a year or more to get it...or did you say he has found one ready to go now?...Why mention his current plane?  FD does not take trade-ins.  :o

He has one lined up available August no trade in as with cars the DA 40 is much more expensive. eg Hard to trade a Ferrari on a VW Jetta.

Cheers

My DA40 is a 2012 with 150 hours on it. If he meant a DA20 I got my private flying one of those and they are much more similar to a CT. Very similar speeds for approach, flaps etc. cruise about the same speed as well. The DA40 cruises at 150 knots.

He is selling his DA 40 XLS.

Cheers

Archived