Fly-in next Saturday - 5/23/15 - Brasstown, NC

FastEddieB

Thought this might be of interest to our N GA, E TN and W NC pilots:

17561796468_ddfd27115a_z.jpg

Karen and I are going to try to make it - our first time into that field.

Let us know if you're going and we can try to fly over in formation!

Fairly straightforward, but I can see how the rising terrain could be a nail biter in the wrong plane.

The 152 that had trouble last year departed the opposite way you landed.  His wheels *literally* did not come off the grass until he was 3/4 of the way down the runway.  he wallowed between the trees down by the river before he really started climbing.  It was scary.

I'm hoping to get there Saturday.  Eddie, what time are you going to try to arrive?

Fast Eddie, nice power off landing.

Thanks.

Power off is de rigeur for me. Self-critiquing, I think the landing was about 5k fast, and the approach a little fast also. I think I let it land a little fast because the remaining runway was appearing deceptively short.

Does that landing qualify you for aircraft carrier landings?  :-)

Of course!

Andy,

The Kool One and I will probably arrive between 10A and 11A.

Let me know if you'd like to touch base in Copperhill first (or wherever) and do a formation flight in.

Will help enhance your slow flight skills!  ;)

Andy,

The Kool One and I will probably arrive between 10A and 11A.

Let me know if you'd like to touch base in Copperhill first (or wherever) and do a formation flight in.

Will help enhance your slow flight skills!  ;)

More practice for the 90 kt Oshkosh approach?

What's missing from this picture?

11138122_10153258454768286_5021123506658

Answer:  FAST EDDIE!

Ed, did you make it over?  We left just before 2pm when they were going to shut the airport down for the veterans' observance.  Kellie had some stuff to do at home and we didn't want to get stuck there until after 3pm.

Winds today were squirrelly.  Not bad going up and my landing was okay.  Coming back to Winder it was 7G14 and all over the place (variable between 100 and 180), very bumpy.  I was really fighting it on final, but made an okay landing in spite of things feeling pretty dicey.  I apologized to the wife for the  landing and she said it seemed like a fine, normal landing to her.  So either I did my job pretty well or I need to work on ALL my landings.   :D

Andy,

Karen did not get back from Knoxville until just after noon.

We hustled to arrive right before the 2PM ceremony, and landed about 1:45.

Told Billy we were looking for a friend with a CT and he said you had taken off about 10 minutes prior.

Drat!

In any case, gorgeous day and nice folks. Loved the Spud Gun competition and Karen met some people she may buy seeds from in the future. Apparently they do a fall get together in October.

It was quite bumpy going over, much less so heading home.

Sorry we missed you. I'll post about next month's Tellico Fly-In in a new thread.

Archived