Finger Lake Region, NY

Rich

My wife and I left Cherry Ridge, PA (N30) on Sunday morning for a couple days of R&R. Yes, you still need it in retirement, may be more so.

It was a short trip of 45 minutes to KITH, Ithica/Tompkins Co.airport.

Down town Ithica is beautiful with a lot of older architecture, shops, restaurants and Cornell University, founded in the 1800's

A three hour dinner cruise on Lake Senaca from Watkins Glen was nice but the food needs improvement. It didn't compare to the great food on a dinner cruise on Lake Scannetelles a few years back.

Monday we spent most of the day at Stewart State Park, on Lake Cayuga, swimming. (90*F), dinner at a local restaurant and a movie.

Tuesday we headed home to beat the wx. Heavy rains at N30 1 hour after landing. Lunch at the Airport diner and a ride home finished what prooved to be a really good get-away.

We've been to the region many times, and if your planning on a trip, it's a great place to go. A lot of history and absolute beautiful sceenery. Oh, and don't forget, it's wine country.

The engine/aircraft worked fine, no problems and the first time using 91 octane non-E fuel.

Hi Dick,

Yes, there is Hertz and Avis located in the terminal building.

Aircraft parking is at the FBO, Taughannock, for $5 per night.

There is a facility fee of $10 and a landing fee of $5.

Phone numbers:

Avis-- 607.257.0441-------$41.50 per day

Econo Lodge----607.257.1400------$95 weekdays and $117 weekends. Nice rooms, very clean, great staff and local to everything. Just 2 miles from the airport and approx 5 miles to downtown Ithica. Shopping and a good Italian restaurant is accross the street from the motel.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Archived