Seat belts / Harnesses

Aero-Nut

Without inventing the wheel I am trying to locate a direct bolt in harness to replace the ones in my plane. The ones I have which I assume are stock slip and loosen up within a couple minutes of use. The shoulder straps constantly fall off my shoulders due to them and the lap belt loosening. I thought about sewing in some Velcro to help secure but I think replacement would be best. Hard to find a set with the correct ends. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ken, I purchased a set of 5-point belts from Crow Harness (Crow Enterprizes on the web).  They have a mount system that lets the installer use the existing CT mounts - I think they call it "wrap-around" or "tube mount" style (the installer has to remove the seat belt mounts to take the factory belts out if you don't want to cut them, and then reinstall the mounts for the new harness).  Essentially, the airframe attachment ends of the belts are free (no sewn-in loop) and can be pulled through the factory mounts.  (I posted photos on CT flier when I did the conversion - see topic "Seat Belt News").  I called the factory and found them to be very helpful.

I am very pleased with these harnesses.  Many folks on CT Flier seem to be critical of upgrading belts but I am very happy with conversion.

My airplane is Experimental, so I needed no factory approval.  Your situation may be different.  

Archived