First landing at a friend's grass strip in E TN

FastEddieB

A new friend invited me to fly into his grass strip near Lenoir City, TN. Gorgeous day today, so I did!

On the first pattern I crowded my base leg and totally lost the airport. Once I picked it up, I considered for a few seconds to try to save it, but thought better of it and went around. Next pattern I went a bit wider and it worked out. Later I had a bit of a surprise on my takeoff - first time that's happened!

Had a bit of a surprise on your takeoff .... but you did exactly what you were suppose to do.  FLY THE AIRPLANE!  Nice video!

Thanks!

My ignition is controlled by two toggle switches. Fortunately - and presciently - they are the kind you have to pull out slightly to throw. Otherwise can you imagine that 496 knocking off both ignitions switches at exactly the wrong time?

My 496 has never fit snugly into that AirGizmo dock - it seems like some of the wires keep it from clicking into place on both sides at the same time. I guess I just have to futz with it some more, and maybe introduce it to Mr. Dremel!

Archived