CTLS adding a turbo?

bmar

You could do it on an E-LSA, but you'd have to coordinate with the FSDO and do phase I flight testing to make sure you didn't exceed LSA performance limits.  You'd probably have to pitch the prop *very* flat and/or limit RPM to keep it legal, and have those parameters spelled out as operating limitations.

I know of two CT's that have had the big bore kit and one of them with a FI kit. Several of the big bore kits have had issues and all the bugs may not be fully worked out yet. Once you do anything to this engine you own it and will never get help from Rotax for anything.

Pretty plane, but it makes you wonder. If they can cram a 914 in it, then its speed will be boosted to the top of the LSA category. Which is to say it was a little slow before. The CT can be coaxed to the top speed with a 912 on board. Of course if you want to really go fast, an Arion Lightning with the Jabiru 3300 six cylinder can take you over the 120 knot limit, since they derate the engine for cruise. But I don't see turbo's as the current answer.

Archived