Landing at 12,000'

Ed Cesnalis

52 minutes ago, Runtoeat said:

Ed, will the amount of snow increase as the winter progresses?

It was 40' deep at this spot in April

Here's a shot from that time a year from 20 miles farther north.

The highest peak is named 'Matterhorn' and the light up one to the right is called 'Dragtooth'

ct matterhorn.jpg

1 hour ago, Runtoeat said:

Beautiful but severely hostile.  Do you take survival equipment when you fly over these areas?  I'm thinking no one could get to you if you went down.

In my youth I could walk out of the Sierra in a matter of hours from any point.  It could be interesting as an old man.

5 minutes ago, Duane Jefts said:

Ed, if you had an unexpected landing high up in the mountains, you could just take one of the doors off and use it as a sled to slide down the mountain.  I know James Bond would do it.

No no bad idea will scrath the paint, also risk damage to the window

54 minutes ago, Duane Jefts said:

Ed, if you had an unexpected landing high up in the mountains, you could just take one of the doors off and use it as a sled to slide down the mountain.  I know James Bond would do it.

We take them off once a year for that purpose.  If you don't do a practice descent once in a while you won't be able to control your speed when the time comes.  Also keep tools on board to remove a gear leg to use is ice ax / brake .  :)

We mask up the window and don't care about the paint.

8 hours ago, Ed Cesnalis said:

We take them off once a year for that purpose.  If you don't do a practice descent once in a while you won't be able to control your speed when the time comes.  Also keep tools on board to remove a gear leg to use is ice ax / brake .  :)

We mask up the window and don't care about the paint.

Thanks mate you just put a smile on my dial. wish you were here to enjoy the great company.

Archived