Plane & Pilot Mag Review of CTMC

CT4ME

• 1 year later...

I believe maybe only one has been sold :blush: (maybe zero) . The problems were many, but had nothing to do with the aircraft. The biggest strike has been the fact that hundreds of Cessna pilot centers were required to purchase a SkyCatcher if they wanted to remain in the program. With this economy, that pretty well shot the market for trainer airplanes. And provided Cessna with a good-looking backlog of orders.

I'm not sure they've given up on the MC, yet.... especially since the new price of a SkyCatcher is now $150,000. That's 37% more than the price as announced. Ouch! And the poor suckers that already paid a deposit... get the privilege of paying the new price.

Tim

I believe maybe only one has been sold :blush: (maybe zero) . The problems were many, but had nothing to do with the aircraft. The biggest strike has been the fact that hundreds of Cessna pilot centers were required to purchase a SkyCatcher if they wanted to remain in the program. With this economy, that pretty well shot the market for trainer airplanes. And provided Cessna with a good-looking backlog of orders.

I'm not sure they've given up on the MC, yet.... especially since the new price of a SkyCatcher is now $150,000. That's 37% more than the price as announced. Ouch! And the poor suckers that already paid a deposit... get the privilege of paying the new price.

Tim

Tim, if FAA allows flying 172s etc with drivers license, what will that do to the LSA world.......You can be in the 40 to 60 range burning more expensive 100ll but you can buy a lot of gas for 40-80K dif in price. Right?

I suspect that, if that happens (likely), it'll hasten the LSA shakeout. But, after owning and flying a modern LSA, I kinda get creeped-out by old airplanes. Give me a modern, sleek, slick bird, with modern avionics - and a chute!

Tim

Archived