Special Day

coppercity

Congrats to your son. My youngest turned 15 today. He soloed a few month ago, and hopes to be doing his private pilot checkride one year from today. I have been doing lessons in my father's Taylorcraft with my oldest who is 19. I hope to have his private finished up early this summer, before he transfers to a major university to finish his degree.

22 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

Congrats to your son. My youngest turned 15 today. He soloed a few month ago, and hopes to be doing his private pilot checkride one year from today. I have been doing lessons in my father's Taylorcraft with my oldest who is 19. I hope to have his private finished up early this summer, before he transfers to a major university to finish his degree.

That is great Tom!  Your yougest  must be flying gliders, great for his skills ?.

Getting to learn in your grandpa's airplane, taught by your dad, how cool is that!

1 hour ago, coppercity said:

That is great Tom!  Your yougest  must be flying gliders, great for his skills ?.

Getting to learn in your grandpa's airplane, taught by your dad, how cool is that!

Yep, the youngest is flying gliders. He also bought a vintage glider and working on it's restoration under my supervision. My oldest probably would have started flying sooner, but he wanted to fly the Taylorcraft. It's second restoration by my dad was completed this summer. The Taylorcraft was not the airplane I received my pilot certificate in, but I learned a lot about flying in that airplane. I did do most of my CFI checkride in it though.

Archived