CFIs with CT experience and/or CTs for rent

CT4ME

One of the biggest problems with CT or LSA flight training has been instructors without much CT or LSA experience... Here's where flight schools with CTs or CFIs with CT experience can spread the word...

ps... don't forget to post under "CT Resources", too!

Tim

I own Copper City Aviation Services and have a 2007 CTsw for rental and instruction. I am located at the Bisbee Muni Airport(P04). I train both Sport and Private pilots in the CT. I am also available for BFR's, transition training, and ferry flights.

I own Copper City Aviation Services and have a 2007 CTsw for rental and instruction. I am located at the Bisbee Muni Airport(P04). I train both Sport and Private pilots in the CT. I am also available for BFR's, transition training, and ferry flights.

Been a member of several flying clubs and have seen the abuse 172s and 152s are exposed to...but they seem to hold up. How does the CTSW hold up to the throng of students and renters (who don't care). Can she tolerate the same kind of abuse?

Eric,

In order for the CTSW to hold up to training and rental I am guessing that more skill must be demonstrated by the student or renter before you can let him/her attempt landings or to rent.

The gear has limitations, how do you successfully teach, no hard or misaligned contacts?

Eric,

In order for the CTSW to hold up to training and rental I am guessing that more skill must be demonstrated by the student or renter before you can let him/her attempt landings or to rent.

The gear has limitations, how do you successfully teach, no hard or misaligned contacts?

Well there have not been any "1 hour" checkouts thats for sure. Most folks take between 3-7 hours to transition to the CT doing 0 and 15 flap landings. My student pilots seem to solo at about the average of 12-17 hours, they don't know how hard it really is compared to say a Cessna or Piper if they have never flown one! Lots of slow flight training and lots of low approaches before touching the ground is the method I use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I think you guys jinxed me...Had a commercial student get ahead of me on a power off emergency landing today and now I have a slight bend in the left main gear wheel attachment knuckle! We were 15deg flap power off, had winds 40 deg off the runway 11 gusting to 20, all looked good on approach and flare, he was holding it off nicely and had good crosswind correction, he was getting pretty deep into the flare when we had a gust lift us a few feet, by the time I reached up and pushed the throttle up we were on our way down and touching down again. We full stopped and taxied in, didnt notice anything unusual until after the debrief when I was re-arranging the hanger and noticed the left main looked a little more "squated" then the right. Took the fairing off and found the knuckle had a slight buldge at the point where the gear leg stops. Will have to complete the inspection of the gear leg and upper attachment, but nothing noticed on a quick visual. Hopefully that will be the extent of it.

Eric -- Sorry to hear the story. We've been through it twice, with extended damage. You will note there is 'heavy duty' replacement parts now available. I'm sure there is a story with all the 'heavy' additional parts available. Might take a look at the firewall mount... We'll compare stories on your visit.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am now CFI Sport pilot available KMNM menominee Michigan in the summer and Fort Myers Florida area during the winter

Congratulations on your rating. I'd enjoy hearing about how you got it.

• 3 months later...

Ed Bandy in North Texas area, CFI Sport, CTsw Dual given about 300, LSA's 800 hours in many types. edbandy@sbcglobal.net . We fly out of KJWY Midlothian which is 20 south of Dallas, uncontrolled airport. I fly for Big Q Aviation, LSA, gliders and more. The CTsw is $120 per hour, all glass, AP, nice airplane.

• 2 months later...

Providing LSA instruction (including Flight Design), BFR, LSA transition, LSA maintenance and repair. LSA Breezer aircraft available for training and rental. LSRM-A, Rotax iRMT, Flight Design airframe certified, and composite repair trained. Located in central Florida.

Wild Air Aviation

KLAL

Hanger B at the Sun n Fun Campus

Lakeland, FL

863-370-0977

I just opened Little Eagles Flight School at Pearland Regional Airport just south of Houston Texas. I'm instructing in and renting a 2006 CTSW. See my website at: http://www.flylittleeagles.com or my Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/LittleEaglesFlightSchool

Andy Foster/CFI-S

KLVJ

Hangar 56, west side

832-567-4391

andy@flylittleeagles.com

Archived