Chute Harness Replacement

History:  our CT2k used to have a Junkers chute installed (472.5Kg MTOW) .. the Australian rules changed and the CT2k's MTOW was raised to 544Kg .. an overly-excited compliance-frenzied mechanic removed the chute because the MTOW sticker on the instrument panel had been changed from "450Kg" to "544Kg" ... no chute is better than a 472.5Kg one, right ?!

Now:  have purchased a new-old-stock BRS 1350HS complete with the 4 kevlar harnesses (ex an FD MC model) and want to fit to our CT2k.

Issue:  the front harnesses that run inside the 'A' pillars for the Junkers chute are about 40" shorter than the BRS ones and so I want to replace those with the new, higher-capacity BRS ones - ie thread the new BRS harnesses through the 'A' pillars.

Question:  anyone ever removed the front harnesses ? ... would it be possible to pull through the BRS ones (attached by a cord to the Junkers ones I will be pulling out) ?

Many thanks for any thoughts, wisdom, experience.

David

8-)

I don’t think those harnesses can come out of the “A” post?

I don’t think it will work. You might end up wishing you’d stayed with the other chute and just excepted a slightly faster decent. Even then the chute was rated at max capacity and if you aren’t at max then the decent rate may not be an issue.

Thanks Corey & Roger ... I tried to hunt-down what the previous+previous owner did with the Junkers gear ... alas, no joy.

Have posted a "wanted to buy" for replacement Junkers gear.

I guess another possibility would be to get a new rear-harness built that is also 40" shorter (to account for the shorter Junkers front harnesses) & fit the BRS1350HS ... hmmm ...

8-)

Archived