Dynon D120 EMS settings

ctfarmer

I recently had to send my D120 back to Dynon for repair. In the process, none of the internal settings were able to be saved.

2009 CTLs. 100hp Rotax. The firmware, now 5.6.1, had and still has a "Rotax" global setting which is supposed to set default standards for some of the parameters. Not sure this gives the same now!

Many of the sensor settings are easily replicated from the manual but i am having trouble replicating some alarm setpoints - for example, for oil temperature. Also EGT and CHT alarm points.

Just wondering if anyone has recorded these from their current Dynon setup and are happy to share.

Some of this is individual preference. There is no minimum temp for CHT’s so I set mine and my clients down around 100F and the yellow should already be set right at 230F and max is 266F. The 266F is getting too close to boiling and vapor with 50/50 at 275F. So I set my max at 260F because if it gets that hot you need to land and find out why. Trying to get every last degree isn’t your wisest move.

The EGT is almost the same for the low temp. You don’t really have any control and it doesn’t hurt anything some why set some ridiculous low number. I usually use something like 800F for the EGT low and 1500 for the high yellow. Max 1616F EGT is probably already done. This is another one. If you are seeing over 1550 for a max time to land and figure out why. So I set my max at 1575F. Again why push the limits. It’s obvious something is wrong why try and squeak out another few degrees and possibly have a real issue.

Best practice is to always play it on the safe side instead  of having to throw more money at it for an additional repair.

Items like oil temps can’t be changed.

Some  opinions here may differe slightly, but they should all be in the same ballpark.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:42 AM, Roger Lee said:

Some of this is individual preference. There is no minimum temp for CHT’s so I set mine and my clients down around 100F and the yellow should already be set right at 230F and max is 266F. The 266F is getting too close to boiling and vapor with 50/50 at 275F. So I set my max at 260F because if it gets that hot you need to land and find out why. Trying to get every last degree isn’t your wisest move.

The EGT is almost the same for the low temp. You don’t really have any control and it doesn’t hurt anything some why set some ridiculous low number. I usually use something like 800F for the EGT low and 1500 for the high yellow. Max 1616F EGT is probably already done. This is another one. If you are seeing over 1550 for a max time to land and figure out why. So I set my max at 1575F. Again why push the limits. It’s obvious something is wrong why try and squeak out another few degrees and possibly have a real issue.

Best practice is to always play it on the safe side instead  of having to throw more money at it for an additional repair.

Items like oil temps can’t be changed.

Some  opinions here may differe slightly, but they should all be in the same ballpark.

Roger, thanks for your recommendations.

Archived