Sales Experiences with Tom Gutmann's Airtime Aviation

iaw4

If you have had experiences with buying or selling an airplane from Tom Gutmann, good or bad, could you please PM me?  I am thinking of purchasing an airplane from him.  Just ordinary due diligence.  Although I have a good impression, one or two aspects seem odd to me.

(As to myself, I have no connection to anyone in the CT community yet.  I am a teacher at UCLA, and will treat all responses confidentially..)

Everyone, thank you for the messages.  I think the drift was that no one regretted purchasing from them, but that some (not all) got the vibe that they were "used car" sales people.  Others found it great all around.

My conclusion is that you should not assume that they are saints (which everyone tells me roger lee is, and without solicitation!); but that if you do all your due diligence, then you should be be able to purchase a nice airplane from them at a good price.

hope this helps others.

29 minutes ago, Trip said:

Lied to me about NDH.   I got the books and they showed it had had major damage with one main gear replaced and other things repaired.  I would not buy from him.      

I know everyone has their own opinion, but in my book replacing a main gear leg does not count as damage history. If the fuselage required composite repair then that is a different story.

12 hours ago, Trip said:

Lied to me about NDH.   I got the books and they showed it had had major damage with one main gear replaced and other things repaired.  I would not buy from him.      

Wow, that's disappointing, regardless of whether non-disclosure of the DH was intentional or unintentional. 

I can't comment on the specifics of the NDH issue referenced in this thread, of course.

I did purchase my CTLSi from the Gutmanns (Airtime Aviation) three years ago, and everything they represented to me proved accurate.  My overall experience was very good, and everything went smoothly.

Andy

Archived