Flaps not working correctly

IndianaCTSW

So I did a small search and could not find anything. Sorry if there is already a conversation covering this. 

I am having trouble with my flaps. Sometimes when I switch from one setting to another they don’t change right away. The numbers will just sit there and flash. If I leave them on the setting I’m trying to go to then normally if you give them a Minut or so they will eventually go but it’s not a consistent amount of time it takes from one time to the next. Sometimes when I switch them they go right away like they are supposed to. 

Hopefully someone has some insight. Thanks in advance. 

10 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

The current draw is too high. There is an adjustment on the flap board mounted back on the firewall. 

You talking about mounted on the firewall inside the cockpit or in the engine compartment? 

Ill look through the maintenance diagrams tomorrow and see what I can find. Would definitely like to get it figured out. 

It’s just odd that it was working perfect and just randomly started acting up. 

Thanks for the help!!

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago during flight in cold weather. Lubricating the flap actuating mechanism with Inox worked for me, and I haven’t yet had a recurrence. This is the the telescoping assembly located between the baggage areas.

What others said. First lube the big black flap rod in the baggage compartment and also the smaller aluminum one while you're at it. After you do that run the flaps fully up and down once. Make sure your speeds as Tom mentioned are slow enough. Too much wind pressure will cause them to stall out until you slow down. Hook up the set of two switches and re-calibrate the potentiometer. What will cause the blinking is when it is getting the wrong input. Then remove the lower panel where the flap switch is and on each wire with the bullet connector TWIST and push them in tight. Usually these will cure your issues.

Last (not first)  if these fail mess with the voltage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived