Insane Insurance Quotes

ODowneyEng

Not bad at all .. with every quote you gonna have to detail your latest insurance claim , which will always put in their risk category - insurance companies are run by strict numbers or they go bust, there is no escaping that .

15 minutes ago, Warmi said:

Not bad at all .. with every quote you gonna have to detail your latest insurance claim , which will always put in their risk category - insurance companies are run by strict numbers or they go bust, there is no escaping that .

Excellent point.

Remember also that hull insurance is not a requirement.  Liability only coverage should be very inexpensive, and you can self-insure on the hull or insure only for not-in-motion.  It's a little scary, but I know several owners that operate that way.  It would probably make you a safer pilot by making you very conservative about risk taking with your airplane, anyway.  :D

6 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Remember also that hull insurance is not a requirement.  Liability only coverage should be very inexpensive, and you can self-insure on the hull or insure only for not-in-motion.  It's a little scary, but I know several owners that operate that way.  It would probably make you a safer pilot by making you very conservative about risk taking with your airplane, anyway.  :D

Andy is correct.

My liability coverage is only 15% of the total premium cost.

• 2 months later...

I definitely recommend Gregg Ellsworth with AIR.  He just provided me with a list of quotes, several of which were cheaper than staying with my current provider's policy.  Quick and easy process.  According to him, there has been a turn in the market and most insurance companies are higher than last year.  He thinks the insurance companies are ready to make some money.

My insurance went up $300.  $1080 last year and $1302 for new policy.  AIG with Chris Wolbert.  1M with $90K hull.  I called Chris and asked "why" with over 1,070 hrs. in my CTSW with no claims.  Chris said that all insurance companies raised rates for 2020 and my quote is the cheapest of the 3 quotes he looked at.  One quote was over $2,500.  Someone here said the insurance companies decided to make money.  Probably as simple as that.  Insurance companies are cash generating entities and when they need to fatten their reserves (and profits), they just up the rates.  Warren Buffets immense wealth is a case in point.