CTLS Checklist Attempt #2

NC Bill

New and improved? Well, it's new.

At the risk of going overboard, and being accused of owning Kinko's stock, here's my first and last revision. Promise.

Worth a note - my CTLS has SKYVIEW and 696 and a hardwired 560. Plus I'm hangared at a Class C airport. Others will probably want to erase several of my line items I'm sure.

Also I keep my Ignition key, baggage key and CAPS pin together on one ring. Thus no mention of removing the CAPS pin - just returning it.

I flew with the original yesterday and today and thought I'd tweak it a bit. Also as someone suggested I have included an Emergencies page .

As for pre-flight - I do a walk around pre-flight without a checklist. Then I go over the list and confirm I haven't forgotten anything important. So the pre-flight page may seem a bit short on detail and poorly sequenced.

And as for Emergencies that I left out (spins, CAPS, Engine Failure, Restart & Landing) that was intentional. My taste. I'm sure others will want to include them.

Enjoy. It would please me if you them useful.

G'day Bill,

Had a look at your checklists.

According to your lists you shutdown the avionics prior to 'magnetos' and then "Radio & avionics" after engine shutdown??

I've always understood (and been instructed) that you turn off all the avionics and radio(s) BEFORE you shut down the engine Prevents 'spikes' evidently.

Regards,

Duski Don

Archived