Mount for Ipad?

Scotsman58

I got the expensive (!) aluminum one that was the first to the market. You can see it here: iPro. It's well made but if feels huge on my leg. To be fair, I think i would have the same problem with any kneeboard, given the size of the iPad. Just wasn't meant to sit on your leg while you're flying, imho. So I'm wondering if there are any hardmounts that would work in a CT. RAM makes a glareshield mount -- don't know if there is enough glareshield lip on the CT for the mount to grab hold. They also make a suction mount (strong enough in turbulence?), a seat rail mount, and a mount that sits on top of a seat. Obviously, the latter two only could work if you don't have a passenger.

• 1 year later...

I have the Ram mount with the suction cup. it may sound strange, but I have it mounted to my door glass between me and the air vent. it gives me a flow of all instruments and I simply take my I pad off when getting in or out of the plane. I leave the Ram mount on all the time. I have been using it this way since October and have not had to re apply the mount one time. I am very pleased with it. My passengers and other pilots are impressed as well. Try it --you will like it.

Hi bill,

I am not sure which one I have, but I will go out tomorrow (Sunday) and get the model number and or take pictures. I especially like it as I am able to see the charts very clear as the iPad is only about 15 inches from me.

hi Bill.

I found the one like I have in Sportys March edition on page 9. The model is 5311A. The cost is $54.95.

I took some pictures I can send e-mail to you-just forward me yours or send it to Gary@Moore-ins.net.

Thanks,

"I have the Ram mount with the suction cup. it may sound strange, but I have it mounted to my door glass between me and the air vent. it gives me a flow of all instruments and I simply take my I pad off when getting in or out of the plane. I leave the Ram mount on all the time. I have been using it this way since October and have not had to re apply the mount one time. I am very pleased with it. My passengers and other pilots are impressed as well. Try it --you will like it. "

Gary

N464CT

Gary.

I do the same thing with my iFly and it works perfectly. However, in the back of my mind I wonder if this is putting undo stress, especially in turbulence, on the door glass that could lead to early failure such as cracking?

Anybody have thoughts about this?

Hi John,

I thought about the same thing when I put it on. it has been there for several months now and I haven't seen any signs of stress. I sure hope the glass continues to do the job as it sure does make it easy to use.

Archived