No -6 flaps

johnr

Completed Annual on 2006 CTSW.  This did not include any adjustment to flaps. Aircraft standing for 5 weeks. On  preparing for first flight was unable to trim to -6.

Have done all connection checks still no -6. In manual mode it also stops at 0 & will not go to -6. I did check setting angles as part of the annual & all were correct except 40 which I calculated to be 37.5. Left all alone as I rarely use 40 flaps .

The lower micro switch can be closed with a screwdriver to stop the flap in any setting. There is very little space at the setting for -6 where the "contact Block"goes past 0, the micro switch appears to stop the motor just after 0 & the indicator flashes -6. At that position there is still +1cm adjustment left on the slotted limiter, the stainless limit cable also has slack at that point.

I have checked the clearances between the aileron & flaps & there is no contact that would prevent flaps extending to -6.

Next time at hangar I will remove the operating arm above the micro switches to be certain that the flaps can reach -6 by operating  flaps by hand.

I would be most appreciative if anyone has had this problem & can tell me how they resolved it.