leaky cockpit

Hi all. I have a 2015 CTLSi that lives in a hangar for most of the year, except during the summer, when I relocate and keep the plane outside with a lightweight canopy cover. The other day there was a torrential rainstorm. When I checked the plane I found that water had pooled on both hat racks as well as on the cockpit floor beneath the rudder pedals, soaking the carpet. Obviously not good. Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem. Any ideas on how to solve it? Hangar is not an option during the summer. Thanks

CTs are not really outdoor-dwelling airplanes.  The Sun is tough on composites, and they are not sealed airtight.  They are fine to leave out in the occasional shower, but you wouldn't want to leave them out for days in heavy rain.  A good cover that covers the gap between the flaps and the fuselage will stop 95% of water from getting in.  The water that does come in is not really near much that can't get wet, so it's more an inconvenience than a serious issue.  If you are leaving it out and think it might rain, and your cover doesn't shield it, some packing tape over the gap mentioned will stop a lot of water problems.  Just remember to remove it before flight!

To be fair, many other airplanes will also leak in the rain, including some certified types.