Anyone have any photos of Gadgets they use in the cockpit for comfort

DJ Todd B

On 8/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, NC Bill said:

How about just hanging your headset(s) on the post(s) next to the fuel sight tubes?

If you mean the spar pins, that seems to be what most do.  However, if you do this, take care when removing/placing the headset.  My windshield has some scratching inside the windshield from the previous owner ham-fisting headsets on the pins.  Also, if you are flying solo the pin is not a great place for an unused headset in flight.

I found the cords hanging down from the spar pins made it difficult to get in and out of the seats. if you wait until you're out to hang them up and take them down before you get in then you might as well just set then on the seat.

Also, they get a lot of sun hanging from the spar pins and thieves can see them from a long way away.

Mike Koerner 

The CT "Gust Lock" section in the POH says... pull the seat up and secure the pilot side stick with the seat belt.  I find that to be a pain especially when on a trip.  So, I just keep a short, plastic bungie cord in the floor locker and wrap the bungy onto the stick and the seat belt.  Saves a lot of time when departing.  No need to move the seat and belt (adjustment) back to flying position.  Plastic Bungys are super light and take up almost no room.

5 hours ago, AGLyme said:

The CT "Gust Lock" section in the POH says... pull the seat up and secure the pilot side stick with the seat belt.  I find that to be a pain especially when on a trip.  So, I just keep a short, plastic bungie cord in the floor locker and wrap the bungy onto the stick and the seat belt.  Saves a lot of time when departing.  No need to move the seat and belt (adjustment) back to flying position.  Plastic Bungys are super light and take up almost no room.

Personally I think I would bungee it forward to the rudder pedals rather than back with the seat belt.