CTSW strobe lights

procharger

I replaced my original lights and the replacements failed.  Recently installed Whelen strobe lights.  Quality lights with great visibility.  One new wire must be run if one opts for the strobe like I did.  If the current factory red beacon light is NFG, the white Whelen tail light replaces this. Arian can help with MRA

7-Whelen MicroBurst LED spec sheet-n9922z.pdf

15 hours ago, Runtoeat said:

I replaced my original lights and the replacements failed.  Recently installed Whelen strobe lights.  Quality lights with great visibility.  One new wire must be run if one opts for the strobe like I did.  If the current factory red beacon light is NFG, the white Whelen tail light replaces this. Arian can help with MRA

7-Whelen MicroBurst LED spec sheet-n9922z.pdf 88.68 kB · 16 downloads

Is the microburst I tail light a direct plug and play replacement for the factory ctsw beacon?

Not sure about it being a "direct" replacement for red tail beacon.  I installed the Microburst I tail beacon in place of my factory white tail light.  This required me to relocate one of the two mounting screw holes for the Whelen light.  Not sure about using it where the red beacon light is.  The Whelen tail strobe can be used as a main anti-collision light on the tail  .  The current wires can be used for ground and power for the strobe.  New power line is needed if you want to use the position light in the Whelen.  I have the Whelen "kit" which supplies the Microburst II position/strobe for wings and Microburst I position/strobe that replaces the white tail position light.  2 conductor wire was run to wings and to tail to add to the factory 2 conductor for total of 4 wires to each.  This provides separate power for the position and strobe, common ground and the 4th wire syncs the flash for the three strobe lights.  The strobes are bright and can be seen during daylight.  I also installed a Grote flash unit which blinks my landing light.

• 10 months later...

I've been looking at these for nav light replacement.  Did you have to make any adapter to replace the original nav lights?  Can a person use one power wire for both the nav and strobe?  I would add a second wire next wing removal for the strobe, just wondered if the strobes will work on the same power wire as the nav.