Rotax Wrench

Animosity2k

Our own Roger Lee used to sell them, and probably still does. As Jim pointed out Leading Edge offers one. I suspect Lockwood does as well. The earlier filters used a Harley filter wrench. I have both in my tool box. I did come across an old filter that someone installed that neither wrench fit. As tightly as it was installed I don't think that type of wrench would have worked anyway. That airplane had issues.

6 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

Our own Roger Lee used to sell them, and probably still does. As Jim pointed out Leading Edge offers one. I suspect Lockwood does as well. The earlier filters used a Harley filter wrench. I have both in my tool box. I did come across an old filter that someone installed that neither wrench fit. As tightly as it was installed I don't think that type of wrench would have worked anyway. That airplane had issues.

Well I just looked back at the text I sent Roger earlier in the month and didn't even notice he replied! Looks like I can still get one of his. With regard to the old filters vs new filters. Can either be used on the airplane? When I purchased it two years ago I anticipated doing my own oil changes right out of the gate and bought a bunch of Aeroshell oil and filters I'm just not sure which they are.... I'd hate to waste them if I can still use them as I believe they cost at least $25 apiece.  Thanks everyone.

I Mfg the filter wrenches for the service centers. You can get them from me or them. These are stainless steel.  I Mfg the nose gear pins and red polyurethane dampeners. I set up and carry the door lift struts and I have the CTSW rubber engine mounts.

The old oil filter had 14 flat sided edges. The new filter has 8.