Want to buy a Garmin 696

tennesseect

Does anyone know where I can buy a good used Garmin 696?  I'm leery of buying one from eBay.  I want to replace the Garmin MAP496 in my 2007 CTsw with a panel-mounted Garmin 696 - both for its larger screen and to elininate the need for an iPad to display traffic and weather.  All the newer units use touchscreens and I don't care for using them in bumpy air, 

Tennesseect, I don't have a 696 for sale today but might in a few months.  Regarding eBay, I've actually purchased a few items for the plane from email.  If you research the sellers you will find that there are reputable aviation companies selling on eBay, although none of the current 696s listed are from one of them.  I purchased my Garmin GDL39 3D last year from one and the price was good, and it came 100% as described.  I've added the 696 to my daily search, if I find something come up that looks to come from someone with a good reputation I'll set you know.

• 2 months later...