New sport pilot

kinoons

5 hours ago, kinoons said:

well the aircraft isn’t mine, I have to rent, but Santa Fe to Page may not be out of the question for an overnight. 

A lot of people coming from the East pass right by Santa Fe to avoid the higher mountains.  If you can't rent a plane you can probably hitch a ride with one of the other CTs passing through.  That's the route I planned every time I have gone there from Georgia (or tried...weather in October is dicey going across the entire USA!). 

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

A lot of people coming from the East pass right by Santa Fe to avoid the higher mountains.  If you can't rent a plane you can probably hitch a ride with one of the other CTs passing through.  That's the route I planned every time I have gone there from Georgia (or tried...weather in October is dicey going across the entire USA!). 

And the daylight hours are becoming shorter.

Back in 2012 I started a thread about planning a trip to Page, which then morphed into a trip report:

We had planned 3 days flying from N GA, but left a cushion. Good thing we did, as we ended up grounded in Amarillo, TX due to very large headwinds at altitude.

Anyway, our route and adventures are chronicled in the thread.