High Fuel pressure CTLSi.

Blueyonder

Hi everyone.

After replacing the Fuel regulator, and Sensor with a 0-150, originally 0-50, as required by Dynon / Rotax??, I cannot find an SB for it, the fuel  pressure is constantly over 49 PSI and it redlines during idle. This started after a full hose / 5 year required maintenance.

Has anyone run into this problem and does anyone know where to get the Sensor which is now assumed to be the problem?

Thanks.

I have, and haven't been able to get the light to stop going off sometimes while idling, and always on takeoff roll.

My A&P,  who I trust, doesn't believe it to be an issue, as it only goes on for a brief time. (You're welcome to weigh in if you like.) Still, hard to ignore it's being in the red zone.

We'll take another look at my condition inspection in the summer.

Andy

1 minute ago, Roger Lee said:

Replace the fuel filter in the engine compartment. This is a typical symptom. probably debris. Even though that fuel filter is big it takes very little to cause higher fuel pressures.

In our case, I think we tried that but the light still comes on.

Hi everyone.

This only started to happen after the replacement of hoses, Pressure regulator..... and Sensor I am not sure why the sensor was replaced, Dynon recommendation? I do not see an SB for it. But at this point we need to find a new Sensor and Dynon, and any one else do not have it. If anyone knows of one please post.

I see a part nr for 0-150 but I am not even sure that is the part needed, not a very pleasant experience.

101693-000: Oil/Fluid Pressure Sender - Kavlico, 1/8-27 NPT, 150 PSI  ???

P4055-150G or P4055-5025-6

Thanks everyone.

If I find a fix I will post here.

@tom, do you know is the Sensor in that plane was replaced with the newer version, 0-150 also? This problem only started after making that change, which really is not very logical, it reduces the sensitivity / accuracy by a factor of 3. The 0-50 worked fine.

Does anyone know who may have one?

Roger, it has been almost a year since I have seen the airplane, but isn't the fuel pressure sending unit plumbed in after the filter? The regulator was replaced at the rubber replacement, and the pressure issues started shortly after, or it might have been after replacing the hoses in the pump assembly. The filter has been changed since then though.

Blue, I know the fuel pressure sender has been replaced because it started leaking. I was not the one who replaced it, so I don't know the range, but I expect it was the same as was previously installed when Andy bought the airplane.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

I wish I had some definitive feedback but after 4 months and a lot of confused verbiage from the mechanic the plane is somewhat OK, at least  the fuel pressure problem is solved.

The only thing that may help is that the EMS unit was sent tested OK was sent back put back in the plane and now works. Black magic. I am beginning to have some serious concerns about the mechanic+FD + Dynon in general and I am not sure who / what should be evaluated and educated to stop this from happening to others in the future.

Thanks everyone that tried to help.

Hi Roger.

The mechanic said he changed it but at this point I am not how much, or what,  was actually done.

There is something very wrong with the whole combination when you take in a perfectly working acft, after the annual and 4 months later the plane is still not working and after there is fix nobody knows what the fix was.

How much can you rely on an acft that you do not know what the problem/ fix was. It may again fail at the most inopportune time.