Heavy door vibration

So whenever I'm sitting on the ramp even with my B20 on with noise cancelling I can here a vibrating noise from the passenger side door. Yesterday I narrowed it down to the sliding window. Whenever I push it outwards (as the springs should be doing) the vibration noise stops. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any idea for a fix?

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Maybe pull it off the track and bend the metal tensioner tabs out a bit to provide more tension?  That would be my first thing to try.  I think you'll have to disassemble the window by taking a couple of screws out.

I assume by metal tensioner tabs you mean spring?

12 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

There are two different vent window installations. Mecaplex is one, and I don't remember the name of the other. I ran into this when I needed to replace one a couple years back. One uses the metal leaf, the other uses a coil spring with blocks.

I assume the attached photo is that off a leaf spring (mecaplex window). I have the blocks and little coil springs. I'll see if I can find out who makes the window. 

leafspring.PNG

On 5/15/2021 at 11:52 AM, Tommy Mc said:

Also Dynamic balancing the Prop, if it has never been done it makes a difference.

Confused on what you mean? My vibration is coming from the door window on passenger side... What would the prop have to do with this?

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

I think the implication is that any issue that increases vibration/harmonics can rattle unrelated components in the airframe. 

I see, and is dynamic balancing of a prop something that can typically be done the same day fly in  / fly out type thing if I were to find somewhere to do it? 

26 minutes ago, Animosity2k said:

I see, and is dynamic balancing of a prop something that can typically be done the same day fly in  / fly out type thing if I were to find somewhere to do it? 

Yeah, takes less than an hour.  I had Lockwood do mine several years ago.  Made a very noticeable difference, they said mine was close to the allowable limits.

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

Ask the person you use for maintenance for a starter. They should know who does that locally. I would suspect that Zone offers that service.

I asked Zone they did not. I'll reach out to the prop shop out in Tiffin Ohio and see what they can offer. 

Sometimes you may find a local Person with the Instrument if you ask around.  Most people require this service at some stage whether they know it or not.  Once a mounting bracket was made it took approx 70 mins to complete the Job and the guy charged me €100. 

• 2 weeks later...