Tan stain on belly of airplane

Big Flapper

I have some oil stain streaks on the belly that have resisted all attempts at complete removal.  I don't have to look at them unless I'm under the airplane, so I guess I will live with it.  I might try some of these suggestions though.  I have tried "Oil Eater" cleaner, it generally works well but not this time.

For what's worth, I've been using those blue paper shop towels, drain some gas from the sump, and this cleans the belly up nice - probably about every 50 hours this is done.  Then follow up with the composite clean brand spray wax to slick up the surface.  Whatever you choose to clean with, extend all that hard work by adding some wax back on.

Some of the staining on the gelcoat is not removable. The surface of the plane has some porosity. If you catch staining fluids right away many times it wipes right of. Left long enough it penetrates the surface and can't be removed. It might be lightened some, but won't all come out. Don't get too carried away and cause damage. If the polish doesn't take care of it fairly easily don't try to go deep into the gelcoat.