Aluminum Fuel filter

Roger Lee

Hi All,

Everyone should be done with installing the newer aluminum fuel filter by now. This is a one time buy and is cleanable and reusable. This was SB-ASTM-CTSW-04 or SB-ASTM-CTLS-01. This not only included the filter for some, but a metal tube install in the fuel line to help keep some CTSW's fuel hose from a possible kink.

You also had paperwork to fill out and send to FD to show compliance and then log it in your engine logbook.

post-3-040077900 1277825437_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Roger, my annual is going to be done soon and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions how to deal with the new fuel filter? It is down low in the console tunnel and looks like it's hard to get to. Our plan is to remove the center switch panel and also the LH instrument panel to access the filter. Any advice on the best way to get to it and take it apart? Thanks.

Hi Dick,

Hello from Mexico. Tim (CT4ME), myself and wives are down in Mexico right now.

First don't take it out if you don't have to. If you need to then you have the right idea. Take out the top center and left console. You need a straight tip screwdriver for the clamps. It will come out without much trouble. Unless you have a few hundred hours on it or get a negative fuel flow test then leave it alone.

Great the you guys and your wives are enjoying life in beautiful Meh-hee-co. I'm up here in Michigan putting boats away for the winter. Seems like I just got them out. Thanks for the advice on the fuel filter. Oh yeah, don't drink too much of that stuff that has the dead worm in the bottom of the bottle!

Archived