New Levil AP

Levil has a new autopilot.  Big deal, right?  But this is different!

It uses lightweight, powered trim tabs on the ailerons and elevator instead of traditional servos.  This means auto-trimming is built in when the AP is active, and you can still have full deflection of your controls when the AP is active if you need it.  Pretty neat idea.  I'm sure it's also lighter than a servo-driven AP.  Watch the video in the link below:

https://shop.levil.com/collections/all-products/products/ilevil-ap

I was 185 lbs back then until I hit about 55 years old. I was self taught in 1980, then self taught in Gyros, then I flew helicopters at 200 lbs, then tailwheel light aircraft and then LSA. Since I saw you I lost 33 lbs. New house means more work. LOL 

p.s.

Don't make me call Bill and have him throw something at you. 😆 LOL 

On 8/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, Roger Lee said:

I was 185 lbs back then until I hit about 55 years old. I was self taught in 1980, then self taught in Gyros, then I flew helicopters at 200 lbs, then tailwheel light aircraft and then LSA. Since I saw you I lost 33 lbs. New house means more work. LOL 

p.s.

Don't make me call Bill and have him throw something at you. 😆 LOL 

Congrats on the weight loss!

You'll tell BIll to throw things at me regardless, so I might as well have my fun!  :D

Funny thing about this: they are called servo tabs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servo_tab

Big aircraft that use cables MUST use servo tabs, the pilot isn't strong enough to move the control surface without them.

Compare to the anti-servo tab on your stabilators, designed to give you force feedback so you don't overstress the aircraft!