Agreement to buy CTSW

Jim Meade

I have an aural agreement to buy a 2007 CTSW from an estate. It needs some maintenance done to bring it up to speed but is basically in great shape. To be blunt, it's not what I want but it's what I can afford and I'm sure I will be satisfied with it (unless I win the lotto). My first order of business is learning all about the airplane and it's systems, ensuring the maintenance is caught up and developing some expertise flying it. I already know I want to upgrade some avionics but it doesn't have to be right away. Hopefully, the lawyers will get the estate paperwork sorted out and the sale will occur soon so I can move it to my hangar.

I will attend the 120 hours LSMR course and the Rotax engine course as soon as I can fit it into my farming schedule. I intend to be personally involved in the maintenance, but that does not mean I will not use experts, especially as I gain experience.

That's great Jim! You will love it once you get to flying. Find an instructor near you with CT experience to help you out, it's a lot more fun when you get training from the start and not try and figure it out on your own. It's a bit different to land then most planes you may have flown, but it is such a blast! The repairman course is well worth it, and there are plenty of people here on the forum to help you.

Archived