B&C Voltage Regulators

Big Flapper

There are several options but most use AM101406. This has 5 tabs instead of the 6 found on the Ducati. The B+ and R go to the same place, so just connect the B+ and insulate the R connector. They also have a different mounting pattern, so if you make a 3/16" aluminum plate that matches the outline of the Ducati, you can drill a hole or holes to mount the JD VR using flathead screws. This will allow you to go back to the Ducati in the future should you wish.

Finally got mine installed and test run.  Removing the stock VR was a nightmare (let's not talk about it).  Seeing slightly better voltages at idle under the same load. Also seeing much better voltages in flight.  Was hovering around 14.0 volts under full load in cruise.  Might tweak it up just a little, but overall a worthy upgrade.  Now to see if the longevity is as good as the Ducati.

Side note, I removed by Ducati regulator because I was getting intermittent failures after startup, but after a few minutes of taxiing or right after liftoff, it would start to work.  Finally got the harness pulled from it and found that the contacts on the "AC" line had shorted at some point and gotten hot enough to melt the Ducati regulator's connector housing.  Replaced the spade connectors on the lines, extended them slightly, and moved the regulator to a more accessible location.  Overall, very happy with the upgrade, if on the slightly expensive side.