A new tool

Roger Lee

Hi John,

Sandpiper

Here is another tool for you. It can see places in a plane we could never hope to. I have been looking at all these bore scopes for over a year. I finally bought one last night. This is the one I purchased. I'll let you know how things progress and I should be able to use it on several spots on planes and at home.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200400984_200400984

Hi Tim,

I saw that one. I have researched for a year and looked at dozens of them and read a hundred reviews. It all came down to the best scope for the money couple with the best customer satisfaction rating. Everything played into this. Camera focal length was a biggy and the camera size (i.e. 9mm, 12mm or 17mm) Wireless camera detachment, jpg and avi capable with a big memory. The one you saw was in the top 3 for me. I bought mine at Sears because they were on sale through yesterday. I checked Ebay and Sears still beat them.

... just messing with you... I know how you delight in researching and getting a bargain... What an amazing tool... uses galore! Engine, wings, panel, you-name-it... and around the house, too.

I wanna borrow yours sometime.... 'now I'll be able to see those pesky ear hairs.blink.gif

tim

• 1 month later...

Hi Eddie,

I found a new use for my scope. I had to have a 41 year old tooth filling removed and replaced. It took the scope and held it up and in place to watch and film the procedure. You could actually see down in the tooth as he drill out the old filling, put the new epoxy type filling and then grind it down.

It's a new how to video. laugh.giflaugh.gif

• 6 months later...

G'day Roger,

I looked up your link and note that your borescope has a 17mm head.

I assume this is not capable of getting a close look at the top end of your engine,or have I missed something (I'm pretty good at that)

Best regards from Down Under,

Duski Don (Briggs)

• 2 months later...

Archived