CEET Duct

westcoastoz

I am just in the process of getting all the required parts together for the 912ULS 5 year Rotax rubber replacement and am wondering if anyone knows what FD have used for the induction manifold ducting?

It sure looks like 3" CEET duct (#05-30512) however my A&P has questioned it's suitability for negative pressure situations such as induction to a carby.

I have attached the duct manufacturers information sheet:-

img876.jpg

Hi Dave,

It is indeed 3" CEET ducting and it works very well under negative pressure. It has a wire winding inside for stiffness.

The heating duct on top of the muffler that feeds the cabin heater is 1 3/4" CEET duct. You need to buy 3 ft. of the 3" and and 24" of the 1 3/4" duct. tell your A&P it's the right stuff.

Here is the Aircraft Spruce link.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/search/search.php

OK thanks Roger. Does the CEET duct have a lining inside or is it rippled? I think there may have been problems in the past with the SCEET (red duct) as the lining has separated under negative pressure and caused obstruction to the airflow.

Hopefully I can source some CEET locally as I am running out of time fast.

Regards,

Dave

• 1 month later...

We had to replace the factory original (black) ducting on mine with a better (orange) version. The black was flaking off into the carb. and I made one "interesting" landing with fuel smells in the cockpit and a rough running engine that seems to have been caused by this. WF

Archived