A message from Arian

Hello Everyone,

As some of you know, Flight Design USA is going through a change. In fact, it doesn't exist anymore. Airtime Aviation has taken over the import rights for Flight Design aircraft, and will be the source for parts. They are working very hard to get organized during this parts transfer, but I am not sure when parts will be available again. My guess would be within a couple of weeks. Another thing that's not news is that I was leaving the company. Up until recently, I had been going into the office for 2 hours a day to take care of technical support items. For the foreseeable future, I will still be a technical consultant. Some things will be changing, and I wanted to let everyone know what to expect.

Since I will be doing this in my free time, my availability will not be as open as it used to be. I will likely be checking emails in the morning, and again in the evening. If you have an issue where you're stranded or need immediate support, a phone number will be posted on the website soon. If it's something that requires my attention, I will be informed, then I will reach out to you as soon as possible. Since I will be using my personal phone, my number will appear to you as "Unknown" or "Private". Please pick up. I am happy to try to help.

One other thing which is changing is that I will not be offering technical advice to any person who is not directly going to be working on the issue. In other words, if an owner calls, but they are not the one who is going to do the work, I will be asking them for their mechanic's number. I don't mind helping someone understand the systems in their plane, but I can't spend a lot of time explaining something to someone who will then re-explain it to a mechanic. It will save everyone a lot of time if we eliminate the middle-man. There are some other things we will figure out as we go along.

That's all for now. We'll post more information as it comes.

P.S. Since some of you are asking, my friends bought an event farm nearby and wanted me to be their facilities manager. It had been some time that I was looking to change careers, so I took the position. As a funny side story, I took an aptitude test in high school (this was over 20 years ago, yikes). The test gave me two results:
1 - Aircraft mechanic
2 - Farmer

Guess I'm covering all the bases!

Arian,

First, I want to thank you for all the assistance you've given me and the Flight Design community.  You have been a difference maker in my aviation endeavors.

Secondly, I'm delighted to read you'll be available for help if needed.

I am a farmer myself.  Best of luck in your new career.

• 2 months later...