New member intro

Chuck

Hello there,

I'm a new CTSW owner up here in NH, having purchased N159CT in Laconia a few weeks ago and hauling it back over here to the Upper Valley.  I'm keeping it just over the VT border at 2B9 - Post Mills Airport.  Since I got my ticket 8 years ago I've logged about 750 hours, almost all of which was in what I now refer to as my slow airplane - a 1941 Interstate Cadet.  Early in my pilot training I got a few hours in a CTSW and had always had it in mind as a good cross-country machine, so I was glad to finally find one.

This forum has been a great resource over the last few weeks as I've been educating myself on all things Flight Designs, and as I learn and fly more I keep coming up with more and more questions.  I'll start with an easy one - I've read a lot of the debate about -6 vs -12 degree flap settings.  On my plane the little LCD display reads -12 when I put the switch in the high-speed cruise position, even though the number printed on the sheet metal by the switch says -6.  I measured with an angle meter and I'm pretty sure it's actually moving them to -6 degrees in this position - does anyone know why the display would read -12?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

20 hours ago, Chuck said:

Hello there,

I'm a new CTSW owner up here in NH, having purchased N159CT in Laconia a few weeks ago and hauling it back over here to the Upper Valley.  I'm keeping it just over the VT border at 2B9 - Post Mills Airport.  Since I got my ticket 8 years ago I've logged about 750 hours, almost all of which was in what I now refer to as my slow airplane - a 1941 Interstate Cadet.  Early in my pilot training I got a few hours in a CTSW and had always had it in mind as a good cross-country machine, so I was glad to finally find one.

This forum has been a great resource over the last few weeks as I've been educating myself on all things Flight Designs, and as I learn and fly more I keep coming up with more and more questions.  I'll start with an easy one - I've read a lot of the debate about -6 vs -12 degree flap settings.  On my plane the little LCD display reads -12 when I put the switch in the high-speed cruise position, even though the number printed on the sheet metal by the switch says -6.  I measured with an angle meter and I'm pretty sure it's actually moving them to -6 degrees in this position - does anyone know why the display would read -12?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

Welcome Chuck. Wealth of knowledge on this site.

I just had a chance to get out and fly again today - it doesn't display anything at power-up, just goes straight to the indicated flap setting.  The previous owner had replaced the board at some point a few years ago and I still have the defective board that came out if that's at all helpful.

Really appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

I did not receive any rocker switches or micro switches with the plane - I’ve got a box full of random electronic junk from past soldering projects though. I know there are some rocker switches in there, don’t know about micro switches.