Aera 660 3.82 software broken; get 3.83

BMcCand - N248CT

Hello, the 3.82 update I did to my 660 broke gps integration with D100 EFIS and Trutrak autopilot.  The GPS strings were just a series of commas and a checksum.  the 3.83 update released today fixed that again. I used Webupdater to get 3.83, the unit itself did not see a new download.

curiously, on the release notes page, 3.82 isn't mentioned.

I guess I should be more careful with 'auto' updates.

Bill Mc

16 hours ago, BMcCand - N248CT said:

Hello, the 3.82 update I did to my 660 broke gps integration with D100 EFIS and Trutrak autopilot.  The GPS strings were just a series of commas and a checksum.  the 3.83 update released today fixed that again. I used Webupdater to get 3.83, the unit itself did not see a new download.

curiously, on the release notes page, 3.82 isn't mentioned.

I guess I should be more careful with 'auto' updates.

Bill Mc

I talked to Garmin about this, They are aware of the issue and they pulled the 3.82 release due to errors. Thanks for letting me know the new release is out. 

I originally had a gps396.  It was a while ago I upgraded to the 660. the first motivation was cheaper database updates. I also got tired of the 4 way rocker for data entry, I like the larger screen and faster processor. I worried that touch screen would be an issue but it has not. I hold on to the edge to stabilize my hand. Data entry is faster with touch keyboard.  I also found I can use bluetooth to send/receive flight plans with Foreflight on the ipad.

i can say I’m happy with the upgrade.,